WRITING SERVICEs from the scribe
The Business Scribe also provides clients with professional writing that’s built on a strong, three-decade career in print and online journalism, corporate communications, and marketing/public relations. This experience ensures key messages hit the mark in well-crafted content.
Print and Online Journalism
With a journalistic nose for news, I combine intellectual curiosity with proven – and grammatically correct – writing skills to give you accurate content that’s fresh, engaging and surprisingly insightful.
Having led corporate communications for a national, $1 billion company, I know my work must meet business objectives and financial parameters as well as your specific communication strategies.
Marketing & Public Relations
Leadership roles in marketing and public relations (including crisis communication) sharpened my knack for clearly defining the value proposition and skillfully presenting it to target audiences.
For writing, the right experience matters
Let me show you the value of a freelance writer with a background in journalism, corporate communications, and PR and marketing. Whether you need a white paper or speech, or simply some teasers for online ads, I can deliver content that clearly explains complex topics or that pumps key marketing messages with fresh air.
My interest in writing started at a young age and before I graduated from high school, I was working at my city’s local weekly newspaper, writing news and feature articles as well as advertising copy. I moved from that small weekly to the city’s daily newspaper, and then, after graduating from college with a journalism degree, on to USA TODAY, where I became The Nation’s Newspaper’s youngest full-time editor at age 23. I was editor of the paper’s online version, the pre-Internet (imagine that!) digital issue called USA TODAY Update. I wrote for Gannett’s internal magazine and edited for The Cincinnati Enquirer before launching a career in marketing, public relations and corporate communications.
Click below to see samples of my writing. And if you have questions, please send me an email.
Experience in ideal career foundations
• Business writer/marketing communications practitioner; 12 years
• Corporate communications director for global real estate developer; eight years
• Business communications instructor for Georgia State and Brenau universities (part-time); 10 years
MARKETING / PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Product developer and marketer of Minerals Mate; seven years
• Account executive for three advertising and public relations agencies; eight years
• Accreditation in public relations from the Public Relations Society of America
Six years with Gannett Co., Inc.:
• Desk editor for The Cincinnati Enquirer
• Corporate writer for company magazine
• Assistant news editor for the online version of USA TODAY
• Reporter/writer/editor for The (Gainesville) Times
• MBA in marketing from Georgia State University
• BA in journalism from Brenau University
Email The Business Scribe!